Tomato & Corn au Gratin
Corn au gratin is an essential part of any family get-together, and it's even better when paired with tomatoes in this delicious dish. —Holly Jones, Kennesaw, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter until blended; press half of the mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stir Parmesan cheese into remaining cracker mixture; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, corn, 1 cup cheddar cheese, green pepper, green onions, bacon, sugar, garlic salt and pepper; carefully spoon over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese; drizzle with cream. Top with reserved cracker mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes, then broil on high for 5 minutes until crust is bubbly and golden brown.