Tomato Chili Dip Recipe
- 4 large tomato
- 8 green onions
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 6 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Chop tomatoes and onions into 1/4-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Stir in the next five ingredients. Add jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup: 25 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Tomato Chili Dip
"First off, I would classify this more as a salsa than a dip. I wasn't sure my husband would like this because it is so different from the normal salsas that I make, but he really enjoyed it. The red wine vinegar gives it a nice taste. I will be making this again."