"I love how fast this creamy dish is to prepare," says Glencoe, Minnesota's Cynthia Ettel. "My whole family enjoys it. Substitute shrimp, sausage or even sliced pepperoni for the chicken."
Recommended: 30 Pasta Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in wine or broth; cook for 1 minute. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and slightly thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Chicken Penne in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p19
Reviews forTomato Chicken Penne
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2011
"My husband and I loved this! Will make it again. I used ground Italian sausage instead of the chicken."