Tomato Broccoli Cups
Red tomatoes stuffed with a green broccoli mixture make a colorful addition to the Christmas Day menu.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard pulp or save for another use). Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a saucepan, place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside.
- Brush inside of tomatoes with 2 tablespoons butter. Stuff broccoli into tomatoes. Toss bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over tops. Place in an ungreased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 65 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Tomato Cups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.