Tomato Bread Stuffing Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bread, toasted and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in flour until blended. Add the tomatoes, sugar, oil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in toast cubes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 320 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Bread Stuffing
"I made this recipe years ago. My mother used to make these without the onion. It took me back to my childhood. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe. I also cut back on the oil. I thought that 1/2 cup of veg. oil was a bit much. Delicious! I hope people who see this will try it. It really is delicious!"