Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers
Make these tasty burgers with regular, not lean, ground turkey so they’re extra-moist and juicy. They can also be cooked under the broiler. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomato and basil cheese spread, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion into three 1/2-in. slices; chop remaining onion and place in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup cheese spread. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, onion slices and red pepper, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Chop grilled onion and red pepper.
- Spread rolls with remaining cheese spread; top each with a burger and grilled vegetables. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 810 calories, 39g fat (16g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers with Charred Pepper & Onion Relish in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010