Tomato Basil Tuna Steaks
Be prepared to reel in raves when you place this fabulous fish dish on the table. It's moist and flavorful, topped off with basil, tomato and cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 tuna or 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Cover with basil leaves. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Basil-Tomato Tuna Steaks in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.