- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef shoulder top blade or flat iron steaks
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Hot cooked rice
- Place steaks in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add mushrooms and pepper. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, soup mix and basil; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTomato-Basil Steak
"I made this last night using chuck steak like everyone suggested. I used canned mushrooms and (not paying attention to the label) bought stewed tomatoes with celery, onions and green peppers. Also added 1 sliced onion. It is delicious! This is definitely a keeper!"
"My family loved this recipe! It was easy to throw together, and inexpensive to make."
"When I think slow cookers I usually think winter foods.This was really good plus it didn't heat up the kitchen and was ready when I got home from work. The only change I made was I added onions instead of mushrooms.I added the onions and peppers an hour before serving it .served over rice."
"Delicious! Made this in class and it turned out perfect! We used boneless chuck steak for the meat. I will definitely make this again!"