Tomato-Basil Salmon Steaks
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook salmon in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir onion until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, water, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; carefully return salmon to the pan. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon steak with about 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without linguine): 407 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2015
I used the recipe and made a piece of salmon steak and a piece of salmon filet. We like the filet much better. The steak felt very dry. I also added a bit of sherry vinegar to the tomato basil sauce.