Tomato Basil Salad Recipe
Tomatoes team up with red onion and fresh basil in a pleasant salad sent by Joyce Brown, Genesee, Idaho.
- 6 tomato slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 red onion slices
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place tomatoes in a shallow dish; top each slice with an onion. In a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over tomatoes and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 154 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC