Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 411 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 3, 2013
I made this and added a balsamic glaze to one side of the bread. Turned out very good! I also made one that had avocado on it and will do that again as well. This is a fresh sandwich that is perfect for a summer afternoon.
Jul 23, 2013
This was just too much for both my husband and I. I guess you could say it was overpowering with all that bread and cheese. I'm surprised because I love all the ingredients. Maybe it would be better to use a different kind of bread or less cheese?
May 10, 2013
I did make it with Swiss instead of Mozz since that was what we had on hand.