All the flavors of Pizza Margherita in fewer than 20 minutes make this the perfect meal for the whole family. My daughters call them "those special grilled cheese sandwiches." —Donna Fazenbaker, Goldsboro, Maryland
Recommended: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Layer the cheese and tomato slices over two bread slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p30