- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seeded diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork and cool.
- Stir in the onions, tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Basil Couscous Salad in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p56
Reviews for Tomato Basil Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2012
"I made this today and it was so delicious, light and refreshing. I added cucumber to mine and subbed in Cherub tomatoes. I loved it so much, I blogged about it. : )"
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2012
"love this recipe. i add a red pepper and some greek olives. taste great."