- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Place baguette halves on a baking sheet, cut side up; sprinkle with half of the cheese and 1/2 cup basil. Top with mushroom mixture, tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Cut each half into three portions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTomato Baguette Pizza
"I made this baguette pizza tonight, using my homemade pasta sauce. Fresh tomatoes aren't in season right now, so I chose not to use them. Since I used the sauce, I didn't need most of the herbs and spices b/c they were already in there. I did use mushrooms, green onion, black olives, yellow pepper, in addition to mozzarella and freshly grated parmesan. I baked them (I used two loaves) at 425 F. for 15 minutes, on a rack over a shallow roasting pan, so as to get the whole baguette brown and crisp. I will never buy a pizza from a restaurant again! This was by far THE best pizza we've ever eaten! The texture of the baguette was crisp on the outside and nice and chewy once you bit in to it. Absolutely the best!"