Tomato Bacon Spinach Salad
To dress up her swift spinach salad, Wendy Barnwell blends bottled Catalina dressing with warm bacon drippings and mustard. "It's a tasty addition to summer menus," shares the Fortuna, California cook. "I'm sure your family will enjoy this salad as much as mine."
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach or torn fresh spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue or feta cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add the salad dressing, mustard, salt and pepper to the drippings; cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss gently to coat.
1 each: 138 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 3, 2009
I have made this salad a couple of times and I really enjoy it and will continue to make it.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC