Tomato Asparagus Frittata
With spears of fresh asparagus and sliced tomatoes, this hearty garden frittata from Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York comes together in no time.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 6 large eggs
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; stir in bacon. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath until eggs are soft-set.
- Arrange asparagus over egg mixture to resemble spokes of a wheel. Top with tomato slices. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 12, 2017
Delicious! I made this as part of a breakfast for dinner. The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms. One comment I have is regarding the number of servings, it is definitely not 6-8, more like 3-4; and those are not huge.