Tomato Asparagus Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 6 large eggs
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; stir in bacon. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath until eggs are soft-set.
- Arrange asparagus over egg mixture to resemble spokes of a wheel. Top with tomato slices. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2017
Delicious! I made this as part of a breakfast for dinner. The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms. One comment I have is regarding the number of servings, it is definitely not 6-8, more like 3-4; and those are not huge.