Tomato Artichoke Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- For dressing, in a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, cucumber, yogurt, oregano, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes, olives, tomatoes, tofu and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 18, 2016
Husband and I loved the presentation of the vegetables on the plate--yellow artichokes and black olives popping off the background of the red tomatoes, and of course a wonderful combination of flavors--but the dressing is what brought down the rating. Waaaaaay too much lemon juice in proportion to the other ingredients. I even tried adding more yogurt and then some sour cream to "soften" the acidic flavor, but we still found it unimpressive. I will use the vegetables again but will most likely use Paul Newman's "Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing" or make something similar to complement the Mediterranean veggies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.