Tomato Artichoke Chicken
Preparing the pizza sauce early in the week sure saves time later when it's used in this fast dinner. Tender chicken, roasted red peppers and marinated artichoke hearts put a flavorful spin on the red sauce that's served over pasta.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/4 cup marinade. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the pizza sauce, artichokes, red peppers and reserved artichoke marinade.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with fettuccine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 982mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Artichoke Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.