Preparing the pizza sauce early in the week sure saves time later when it's used in this fast dinner. Tender chicken, roasted red peppers and marinated artichoke hearts put a flavorful spin on the red sauce that's served over pasta.
Recommended: Our Best Artichoke Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Cut artichokes into quarters. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add pizza sauce, artichokes, red peppers and reserved artichoke liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over fettuccine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Artichoke Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p35
Reviews forTomato Artichoke Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review