Fresh green pepper, onion and tomato give this savory omelet garden-fresh flavors. You can easily vary it based on the fresh ingredients you have on hand. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Featured In: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon green pepper mixture and tomato on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Tomato and Green Pepper Omelet in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p21