- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper; cook until corn is tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets. Using a floured 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut four circles in each sheet; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Whisk together egg and water; brush over pastries. Spoon 2 tablespoons corn mixture onto each circle. Top with tomatoes and cheeses.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 8 pastries.
Reviews forTomato and Corn Cheesy Pastry Bites
"We ate these as a main dish with a side salad. I think this depends on the freshness of your corn and tomatoes, and is definitely better made when both are in season."
"These were pretty good."