Tomato and Basil Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, tomatoes and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 255 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Oct 28, 2017
A light dish that goes with anything! I used fresh, ripe heirloom tomatoes and had it with spicy Indian tandoori chicken.
Aug 30, 2015
I liked it but my husband and in-laws weren't too keen on the dish. Oh well. More for me!
Jul 26, 2015
Nice, light side, easy to assemble. If you want your dish to look like picture, use white balsamic vinegar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.