VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the water and 1/4 cup oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and remaining oil. Spread over dough; top with cheese. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Place pan on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tomato & Brie Focaccia in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p45
Reviews forTomato & Brie Focaccia
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2016
"This was okay but not great, I will probably not make again."