- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the water and 1/4 cup oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Punch dough down. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and remaining oil. Spread over dough; top with cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack. If desired, serve with olive oil and red pepper flakes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTomato & Brie Focaccia
"This was okay but not great, I will probably not make again."