- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, tomatoes and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTomato & Basil Couscous Salad
"I liked it but my husband and in-laws weren't too keen on the dish. Oh well. More for me!"
"Nice, light side, easy to assemble. If you want your dish to look like picture, use white balsamic vinegar."