Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, zucchini, carrot and Italian seasoning; spread 3/4 cup into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the tofu and cheeses; stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Place over spaghetti sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until noodles are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 319 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Mar 4, 2013
This is a great recipe! I had never tried tofu before, but I will definitely have it again. I would add a little garlic and basil to the cheese mixture, but other than that, I wouldn't change a thing! It was great!
May 9, 2012
My family all loved this recipe!