- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 packages (12.3 ounces each) silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tofu, honey and extracts. Cover and process until smooth. Add melted chocolate; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to pie shell. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forTofu Chocolate Pie
"Is this recipe vegan ? I need a vegan dessert for a family party."
"Per Serving: 412 cal 52 carb 22 fat 7 protein 127 sodium 39 sugar by my calculations."
"I would love to see the nutritional value on the pie!!"
"Can't wait to try."
"Incredible. Even my husband liked it!"