Toffee Truffle Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup sauce)
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in toffee bits. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream; return to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons toffee bits.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over top of cheesecake. Warm sauce if necessary; serve with cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 1 tablespoon sauce: 672 calories, 44g fat (25g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 15, 2014
Made this for a potluck and got rave reviews. Delicious!
Apr 16, 2014
Delicious! As a big fan of toffee this cheesecake hit the spot. Very rich and decadent!
Mar 26, 2014
I prepared this recipe for the first time 3/23/14. It worked out great! I did adjust the recipe!Used for Crust: 1/4 cup sugar, 1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1 Tbsp. cocoa and 1/3 cup butter melted. For Filling: I melted 1 cup of milk chocolate Make & Mold Candy disks. I crushed enough milk chocolate Heath Toffee Bars-a total of 1-3/4 cups bits! I made the Sauce for this cheesecake ahead of time. I used 1/4 cup evaporated milk instead of whipping cream.I kept butter, corn syrup, brown sugar as is. I'd crushed enough Heath Toffee Bars and used 2 Tbsp. for the actual sauce, 1 cup for cheesecake and 1/2 cup for topping. What I did do was sprinkle about 1/2 cup bits over cheesecake, then I spread with about 1/2 of the sauce, then 1/2 cup more bits, then balance of sauce and rest of the toffee bar bits! I covered the cheesecake and chilled overnight. I ran a knife around to loosen the cheesecake before I refrigerated the cheesecake. Once the cheesecake had reached its refrigerated peak, I eased the cheesecake out of the springform pan. The cake looks lovely and I will be sharing it with my colleagues at the hospital! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.