Toffee-Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Classic oatmeal cookies get a fun flavor twist when studded with toffee, chocolate mini morsels and pecans. They’re outstanding for snacking or for any get-together. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, IL
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup brickle toffee bits
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, grated
- Place oats in a food processor. Cover and process to a fine powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly. Beat in the egg substitute, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground oats; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, toffee bits and grated chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 80 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.