Toffee-Peach Ice Cream Pie
- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 large), divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 tablespoon hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons brickle toffee bits
- 1. Pulse sugar cones and toffee bits in a food processor until coarsely ground. Drizzle with butter; pulse just until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Freeze at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, mix 1 cup peaches, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in remaining peaches; cool completely.
- 3. Reserve 1/2 cup peach mixture for topping; refrigerate, covered. Beat ice cream and remaining peach mixture just until blended. Pour into crust. Freeze, covered, overnight. To serve, top with caramel topping, reserved peach mixture and toffee bits.
1 piece: 379 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 21, 2017
I served this to a group of my friends recently and they all requested the recipe. My husband also says this recipe is "a keeper!" I didn't change a thing, but next time I'll make more of the peach sauce. I ran out of topping before the pie was gone.
Jun 20, 2017
Impressive and delicious dessert. If you like sweets you will love this.
Jun 5, 2017
Using sugar cones as the basis for a pie crust was such a great idea! The ice cream turned out to have a lovely peach flavor!