“This is my sister’s recipe, but I modified it to save time in the kitchen. No doubt about it, you’ll want a second serving.” Janell Greisen - San Dimas, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), crushed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and crushed candy; spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium-low heat. Add confectioners' sugar and evaporated milk; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut pie into slices and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Ice Cream Pie in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p66
Reviews forToffee Ice Cream Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2016
"This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious. I like to add even more crushed candy, for added flavor and texture."