- 1 package (10 ounces) butter cookies, crushed (3 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Fold in ice cream. Spread over crust. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forToffee Ice Cream Dessert
"I prepared this dessert for the first time and I did modify the recipe as follows: I used 3 cups crushed Nutter Butter Peanut Butter cookies. I used 2 packages of French vanilla pudding mix and I combined about 1/4 cup evaporated milk and about 3/4 cup WHOLE milk(COLD) together with the pudding 5 minutes on medium speed, using a wire whisk attachment. I used 1 pt. vanilla ice cream and 1 pt. Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. The whipped topping I'd kept as is. I crushed enough miniature Heath candy barsto make about 1 cup and sprinkled over the whipped topping before I covered the dessert!This recipe does look really good! delowenstein"
"I have made this for many different family functions and I never bring back leftovers."