With its chocolate toffee flavor, this soothing java drink from our home economists makes mornings pleasantly perk along. Treat yourself to a cup in the afternoon as a special pick-me-up.
Recommended: 16 Coffee Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 5 cups hot brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir toffee bits into coffee; let stand for 30 seconds. Strain and discard any undissolved toffee bits. Pour coffee into mugs; top with whipped cream and drizzle with butterscotch topping. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Toffee-Flavored Coffee in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p44