The sweet and salty combination of these lightly coated pretzels makes them hard to resist. Get ready to double the recipe!—bethany, TOH Online Community
Recommended: 20 Barks & Brittles for Extra-Happy Holidays
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place pretzels in a greased roasting pan. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Pour over pretzels and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 200° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Toffee Crunch Pretzels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p106