Toffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes
This fast, flavorful, foolproof fudge sauce made in the microwave has a secret ingredient: coffee ice cream. I created it one day when I was out of heavy cream and wanted to make hot fudge sauce for company. It was a huge success with my guests. –Beth Royals, Richmond, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped Heath candy bars (about 1-1/2 bars)
- Whipped cream
- Additional chopped Heath candy bars, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ice cream and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of ice cream into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce and 1 tablespoon chopped candy bars. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candy bars if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as "In a Jiffy" Toffee-Coffee Crunch Sundaes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.