This fast, flavorful, foolproof fudge sauce made in the microwave has a secret ingredient: coffee ice cream. I created it one day when I was out of heavy cream and wanted to make hot fudge sauce for company. It was a huge success with my guests. –Beth Royals, Richmond, Virginia
Recommended: 18 Easy Overnight Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped Heath candy bars (about 1-1/2 bars)
- Whipped cream
- Additional chopped Heath candy bars, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ice cream and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of ice cream into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce and 1 tablespoon chopped candy bars. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candy bars if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p33
Reviews forToffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review