Toffee coconut Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, vanilla and baking powder until blended. Stir in coconut and pecans. Spread over crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 153 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Toffee coconut Bars
"I would call them coconut bars. They are quite thin. easy to make."
"Not liking sweet coconut, I would not have made if I hadn't been clearning my cabinets of older ingredients. I had everything needed, made them, served, and retrieved recipe from waste basket. These bars are great for make-ahead and impromptu "tea time"."
"My husband, who doesn't like coconut even loved them!"
"Toffee bars turn out so quick and taste so good, my family makes them any time we have all the ingredients. They're delicious and definitely a keeper."
"these are fabulous~ i left off the pecans they remind me of pralines very sweet & heavenly!!!"