- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add peanuts; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack; break apart if necessary. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forToffee-Coated Peanuts
"I have now made this recipe twice and both times it was delicious."
"These are easy, and excellent."
"I have made this for years, always a hit. As my Grandpa said, "Whad'ya put in those nuts!""
"I use the salted dry roasted peanuts and omit adding salt. These make a nice gift in a pretty tin or jar for the holidays. They make a great snack."