Toffee-Chocolate Pastry Bundle
Chocolate chips and toffee bits ooze sweetness when you bite into this flaky puff pastry. For maximum enjoyment, eat it while slightly warm with vanilla ice cream. — Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unfold puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14-in. square. Combine the toffee bits, chocolate chips and pecans; place in center of pastry. Fold pastry over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 335 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Toffee Sack in Country Woman February/March 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.