Toffee & Chocolate Bark with Toasted Almonds
Shortbread cookies, toffee and roasty-toasty almonds team up for a treat that's both crunchy and chewy. This candy is a huge hit with my family and friends. —Nancy Mock, Colchester, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) Girl Scout Shortbread / Trefoils® cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 15x10-in. rimmed baking pan with parchment paper coated with cooking spray. Arrange cookies in pan.
- Microwave butter until melted; whisk in brown sugar. Microwave 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture is a thick caramel sauce. Pour sauce over cookies, covering each completely.
- Bake until puffed up and bubbly, about 10 minutes (do not allow to burn). Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot caramel. Let stand 5 minutes; spread chocolate over caramel. Top with almonds.
- Refrigerate baking pan until chocolate and caramel have hardened, about 1 hour. Break or cut bark.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Trefoils Toffee & Chocolate Bark with Toasted Almonds in Girl Scouts of the USA - 2016 Contest