Toffee Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits or brickle toffee bits
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugars until blended. Beat in eggs, then vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 127 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 26, 2016
These cookies were very good, light and crispy. Added to my cookie recipe collection Christmas 2016
Dec 20, 2014
These are one of the best cookies I have ever eaten. They do take a while to make, but are worth it in the end! Don't overbake for a perfect chewy yet crispy cookie! -Lori in WI
Apr 26, 2011
I send these to my grandson in Japan & he says they are his favorite. I've made them for a long time & my whole family loves them.
Jan 1, 2011
I have been making these since they first appeared in the magazine to rave reviews. Everyone wants the recipe. my son is now allergic to tree nuts, so I left out the nuts and they still were yummy! They have been requested as a repeat at a cookie party.
Dec 13, 2008
These are very good, but no way can you drop by spoonfuls. The batter is very, very dry. I'm wondering if all ingredients are listed.