Toffee Cheesecake Tiramisu
I accidentally discovered this recipe when making a tiramisu for my friend's rehearsal dinner a couple of years ago. I didn't have enough mascarpone so I decided to substitute cream cheese—the result was a huge success. It tastes like cheesecake and tiramisu mixed together. —Tracy Wheeler, Bridgton, Maine
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups brewed espresso
- 4 tablespoons dark rum, divided
- 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) crisp ladyfinger cookies, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa, divided
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- Cool espresso to room temperature. In a shallow bowl, combine the espresso, 2 tablespoons rum and 2 tablespoons liqueur. Quickly dip 12 cookies in half of the espresso mixture. Arrange in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, sugar, remaining rum and liqueur. Fold a fourth of whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers; spread evenly. Dust with 1 teaspoon cocoa. Dip remaining cookies; repeat layers. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was prepared with Alessi brand ladyfinger cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Toffee Cheesecake Tiramisu in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.