Toffee Caramel Dip
Dip into a batch of crunchy, caramel fall flavor with crisp apple slices and this smooth, scrumptious dip from our Test Kitchen. You can also serve this dip with other fruit or cake cubes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced apples
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in toffee bits and vanilla. Serve with apples.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 167 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fruit Dip in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.