- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forToffee Brownie Trifle
"I made this for a Labor Day party and it was devoured. Very easy to make."
"I made this for Christmas and it was a great hit everyone loved it. Simple to make and I will make it again for all get togethers."
"This has been a family favorite for years. My 24 year old son requests this for his birthday dessert every year. It's always a hit!!!!!"
"This dessert is super sweet - too sweet for my family's tastes. I used white choc and cheesecake pudding mixes. I brought it to a Thanksgiving potluck and brought most of it home. It would be better to serve it after a lighter meal. I like a previous poster's suggestion of sprinkling Kahlua over the cut brownies - it might help cut the sweetness a bit.It was very easy to put together, and it feeds a lot, so it's good for potlucks. Personally, I like it better the next day, but the brownies do absorb some of the moisture and get soft. I used Heath chips from the baking aisle. Sprinkle the chips on top just before serving, as they start to melt on the pudding layer after a while."
"How far ahead can you make this? Is it okay to make the night before it is served?"
"Is the size of the pudding and amount of milk correct?"
"Made this to carry to a family gathering that got cancelled. Carried it to work and still had friends over for dessert. It was a hit both places."
"I made this recipe using all chocolate pudding and iy was a hit."