These shortbread bars have the taste of toffee without the hassle of making candy. They're attractive addition to a cookie tray. —Ruth Burrus, Zionsville, Indiana
Recommended: Top 10 Butterscotch Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt, beating until smooth.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 17-19 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately place chocolate bars on top; return to the oven for 1 minute. Spread melted chocolate over bars; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p82
Reviews forToffee Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2014
"These don't set, so unless you want to hand everyone a spoon to dig out of the pan - don't bother. Too bad, taste was great."