- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt, beating until smooth. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 17-19 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately place chocolate bars on top; return to the oven for 1 minute. Spread melted chocolate over bars; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forToffee Bars
"These don't set, so unless you want to hand everyone a spoon to dig out of the pan - don't bother. Too bad, taste was great."