Toffee Apple Crunch
You'll be licking your lips after one bite of this crunchy combination of apple, toffee bits and pecans topping a cool scoop of ice cream. Ray Butler of Greenville, Texas shared the recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the apple, butter and cinnamon; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir; cover and set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Add the pecans, toffee bits and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon apple mixture over ice cream; sprinkle with topping.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 555 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Toffee Apple Crunch in Taste of Home December/January 2005
Jul 13, 2009
Did not like this dessert. Maybe the apple mixture should be refrigerated before it is added to the ice cream as when I added mine it ended up being toffee apple soup. Also, it was enough apple for two servings.