Toffee Apple Crunch
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the apple, butter and cinnamon; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir; cover and set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Add the pecans, toffee bits and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon apple mixture over ice cream; sprinkle with topping.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 555 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 13, 2009
Did not like this dessert. Maybe the apple mixture should be refrigerated before it is added to the ice cream as when I added mine it ended up being toffee apple soup. Also, it was enough apple for two servings.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.