You'll be licking your lips after one bite of this crunchy combination of apple, toffee bits and pecans topping a cool scoop of ice cream. Ray Butler of Greenville, Texas shared the recipe.
Recommended: 15 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine apple, butter and cinnamon; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir; cover and let stand while preparing topping.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Add the pecans, toffee bits and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon apple mixture over ice cream; sprinkle with topping. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Toffee Apple Crunch in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p21
Reviews forToffee Apple Crunch
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review