Toffee Almond Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks, tossing with a fork until combined.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cream, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 4, 2015
I carried this to church for Homecoming and got rave reviews. All that was left were crumbs. I baked the crust 14 min. and the tart for 35 min. It was a beautiful dish. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will make again.