Toffee Almond Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks, tossing with a fork until combined.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cream, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 4, 2015
I carried this to church for Homecoming and got rave reviews. All that was left were crumbs. I baked the crust 14 min. and the tart for 35 min. It was a beautiful dish. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.