Toffee-Almond Cookie Slices
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sugar cookie mix, flour, butter and egg to form a stiff dough. Stir in almonds, chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 15 slices. Place on baking sheets, cut sides down.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 138 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Dec 12, 2010
These biscotti type cookies are easy and very tasty. I did have to add an additional egg (a total of 2 eggs). The dough was very dry before I did that and would not hold together. Definetely a recipe I will make again. These are great to give as a gift.