Toffee-Almond Cookie Slices
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sugar cookie mix, flour, butter and egg to form a stiff dough. Stir in almonds, chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 15 slices. Place on baking sheets, cut sides down.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 138 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2010
These biscotti type cookies are easy and very tasty. I did have to add an additional egg (a total of 2 eggs). The dough was very dry before I did that and would not hold together. Definetely a recipe I will make again. These are great to give as a gift.