Toasted Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are almost anyone's favorites and these are sure to please!—Bethany Thayer, Troutville, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, lightly cream the margarine and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 94 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Almost Original Toll-House Chocolate Chip Cookies in Comfort Food Diet 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.